Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sexy violence

I'm a pacifist by nature. Pair that with a complete lack of upper body strength and general laziness, and you'll understand why I'm more likely to hug a person to death than attack someone in a dark alley. Having said that, sometimes I get frustrated and I want to break things. I overcome the aforementioned obstacles and reach violent catharsis by channeling others' anger by listening to angry music (Slipknot and Rage Against the Machine among my favourites), watching Fight Club a lot and looking at disturbing images. I also bite when I kiss.

The blog Everyday I Show is a neat blog to follow. Each post features a selection of photographs by famous photographers. It's not updated daily, and I haven't figured out an updating schedule, so I get super excited when I see updates in my RSS reader.

My recent lust for violence was partially quenched by an Everyday I Show update. German fashion photographer Helmut Newton managed to find a disturbingly erotic balance between femininity and violence. The selection from Everyday I Show featured some of his most disturbing images, which delighted my frustrated inner psychopath.

Femininity with a hint of violence
Don't say I don't share.

No comments:

Post a Comment