Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Journal



journal |ˈjərnl|
noun
1 a newspaper or magazine that deals with a particular subject or professional activity : medical journals | [in names ] the Wall Street Journal.
2 a daily record of news and events of a personal nature; a diary.

I have an obsession with new journals.

First, there's the new book smell I find completely irresistible. I also think all those blank pages hold so much promise. I know that, whether I use it to document the mundanities of daily life or to write something beautiful, each page will represent something that's true to me at that moment.

Part of my ultimate long-term goal (to grow ridiculously old) is to document the things that get me there. It helps me plot my progress. I often look at things I wrote in the past and think, "Silly girl!" When I buy a new journal (which is more often that I'd like to admit) I know I'll be a completely different person by the time I've filled all the pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment